Tuesday, November 4, 2014

dat moment

1.   Can the English writing people of Earth please agree to stop using "dat" for "that"?  When did that become a thing? It makes my innards shriek.

2.  2 chocolate chip cookies for dinner. Feeling myself lately.

3. This weekend I got out of my head and into my body, and it's astonishing how easily all that anger melted away. All that was boiling was caused by a speck.  All that incited has been dissolved.

4. Who are these instagram wonders who eat fancy eggs and drink the fanciest coffee served on perfectly crisp tabletops and linen every goddamn day? Who are they, where are they, and how do I get there?

5.  AND ALSO, let's just clarify that a moment is generally an ephemeral, very brief occurrence.  Let's stop saying "that moment when" you worked a 70 hour week or "that moment when" you try and try and nothing ever works.  Those are not moments.  Stop.

6.  and also too- man, the little hiccups of rage.  the little wishes that i never capitalized.  i wish i had called you out- to your face.  been less like butter, so ready.  So eager to hear a soft word spoken. wish I'd been less quick to shoulder blame that was not mine, and less inclined to offer justification that i don't believe in.  i wish it would do any good at all to be true.  to be harsh.  to be honest.  to be as openly disappointed as i feel at times.  i wish i had been less quick to accept apology for doing what you've always done when faced with uncomfortable situations- avoid.  it's always only made it worse- harder than it has to be.  i was never going to like it- really.  of course not. but i do judge. with reason. they are patterns.  she is a vapid, beautiful, vulnerable and young choice like so many others.  but I need to divorce my wishes for you. They are not (were never) your wishes for yourself.  and it is no longer my business to judge (though I do).  it is no longer your lot to know my thoughts (and so i make good and refrain, mostly).  it is no longer your onus to care (what weight.  what freedom).

No comments: