Wednesday, October 15, 2014

imperative

    I HAVE come to bury Love           
         Beneath a tree,
     everyone's best friend died today,
    In the forest tall and black
         Where none can see.
    apparently.  he died in a hotel in mexico
    I shall put no flowers at his head,
         Nor stone at his feet,
    while i am toe to toe with my own grief.  
    my hollow haunt. My real life ghost
    For the mouth I loved so much
         Was bittersweet.

    deletedeletedeletedelete

    I shall go no more to his grave,
         For the woods are cold.
    who stopped midsentence and left abruptly 
    I shall gather as much of joy
         As my hands can hold.
    when something young and shiny stumbled by
    on the other side of the road
    I shall stay all day in the sun
         Where the wide winds blow, --
    and i'm headed back to the graveyard
    (stay away, there's nothing to say) 
    But oh, I shall cry at night          
         When none will know.
    his bad form reduced to a dash
    a freedom and release
    a proposition in my hand

    deletedeletedeletedelete

No comments: