Tuesday, September 23, 2014

in grey

break a man by filling him up.

a quiet mind and an absence of comparison

talk to me talk to me talk to me

this changes everything
changes nothing

heart handles
& novelty

men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men men man

(maybe it's too late to say goodbye. can i try again?  another chance to say the end?)

let's talk about leagues.  leagues and degrees of separation.

talk to me talk to me talk to me
(& a quiet mind)

the truth is a moving target

resist or qualify superlatives.  you are my favorite (right now).  you are the best (in that one particular way and in my limited experience).  the most and the least and never forever always will take on a grey state with a few years' blur.  most less most.  least more than least.  never retracted.  reversed.  the whole pedestal aflame.  the whole mountain now cavernous and ringing with echoes.  the exhaustion from the excavation will be staggering.  you could sleep for weeks just to (attempt) to forget entirley.  you will deem it a shared blame- maybe out of clarity, or perhaps extreme fear.

and in the end, clarity in the grey.
clarity for today
& a moving target.

No comments: