Wednesday, September 11, 2013

poignant

back to school night reminds me of why i love teaching every year.  what i do matters.
remind me in february- i love teaching and i'm damn good at it.

emails like this help too:
  
Hi Ms. Ingram! I hope this new school year is treating you well :) I just wanted to thank you for the random vocab dances you made us do. Today in my English 111 class my professor asked what "poignant" meant. Immediately I remembered the move and the definition from sophomore year. Other students threw out descriptions and gave example but the professor then asked for a straight definition. I raised my hand and said "emotional; deeply moving". He was so impressed with the accurate definition he gave me extra credit! I miss you're class but clearly it's still with me. So I just wanted to give you reassurance that you are a fabulous teacher :)

Best wishes,
Sarah 
Class of 2013

No comments: