Wednesday, August 8, 2012

tried


i tried to climb a mountain on monday
it was awful
wherever you go, there you are
i am still so fragile
i still need to be just so careful and good to myself
apparently last night i giggled and laughed in my sleep
slept with a big smile on my face
and when i woke up i had been dreaming about taking pictures
i had captured a really funny moment at the last second
and it made me so happy
photography makes me that happy.  unbelievably happy.
school meetings start next week
that looming date feels like a shadow over everything
makes my heart want to curl up, scared
i am not ready to give yet
i am not ready to be present and far away
for so long everyday
such extremes  
moments of incredible lightness and  hope and possibility
swing to despair and nervousness and terrified of everything
down the hallway of distorted thinking
looking for the safe places in my head
and in the world
and blinders
to the rest
need
to rest
from the rest
of it all


No comments: