Thursday, June 7, 2012

corridors

that makes me want to set down my anchor and to be so near and to speak quiet thoughts in your ear with our eyes closed right before we fall asleep

and that also makes me want to anchor up- run screaming, madness propelling me to the first possible risk- the first possible way of sabotaging this hold- run to prove that there is a reason why i am so terrified of everything.

and i understand, now, the sacredness of corridors.
the importance in there being no possibility of intrusion there.
an empty space for ghosts and silence and echoes.
i know, too, that what scares me in you is what scares me in me
in different shapes and other languages.
humanity cannot hope for immunity
stupid restless animals.
stupid animals with thinking and dreaming hearts.

it is all around us.
a general terror.

No comments: