Monday, February 27, 2012

last chapters

A character in Identity goes through this crisis of sorts when she realizes that men no longer look at her. She is no longer noticed.

Three generations ago, the life expectancy was 30 years less than it is today. For the most part, figuring out to do with that long last chapter is still kind of an experiment, I guess.

i've been thinking of that lately. Life after 60.

i don't want to squander my "youth" or cease seizing the day or any of that jazz just because i'm so focused on thirty years from now... but damn, life is long and i don't want to set myself up for a dismal, drawn out last few decades.

What will matter in 30 years?

Despite where the next decade finds me... here is what I think will remain important:
-health
-financial stability
-a sense of humor

so... maybe i'll start thinking of those things a little more
and worrying about the rest of it
a lot less.

No comments: