Tuesday, January 11, 2011

make it



Sometimes when I am posing for a picture, I consciously think to myself right before the flash goes off, "This is the happiest moment of my life." As though that can make my face believe it. As though the Sears Family Portrait Studio could actually be the setting of the happiest moment of my life.

Sometimes I pretend I am in a movie during a particularly poignant moment, when you either feel bad for the girl or care for her deeply- you are falling in love with her at that very moment- just to make moments seem a little more interesting and my face to look a little less tired of it all.

Or tired in a beautiful way.

As though watching an airplane move slowly across the night sky could be the fucking door to an epiphany.
Or something.

sometimes usually, everything actually begins to take on some important glow when i cast myself into a role for long enough. and not like after-school-special glow... like, real. like, Good Will Hunting when Robin Williams and Matt Damon are talking on that bench.

BE PASSIONATE! BE PASSIONATE, WHATEVER YOU DO.
passionate in motion, passionate in calm.
take nothing seriously
except beauty
and finding it in
this moment right now.
now.
now.
now.


now.

now.
now.


now.

No comments: