Wednesday, March 3, 2010

there and back


San Francisco:
refreshing
no beat to march to
no drone of hours
or long minute hands
but the
call of
the moment
unbridled laughter
ache and rest
for the
weary heart
a few days to
set questions aside.
the answers are coming
on their own time.

i want freedom

here:
new lines by my eyes
my face is falling
off
while my mind was occupied
my youth and health
bowed out
in philadelphia i looked in the mirror and saw an old woman staring back at me
but i chased that girl i chased that girl i chased that free spirit to the west coast
i found her
resilient and waiting
this old woman
knows that she is not lost

but deserving
and demands pursuit.

i want to purge my concerns
down to basic survival
mind body heart survival
i want to quit everything
and chase her down

why does security for an old someday woman
take priority over
taking care of that
free free
spirit
girl?

walk sing create daydream swim run eat my vegetables nap travel stay laugh doodle stay up late and sleep all day


No comments: