Friday, July 6, 2012

wild

The cats got out last night.  Who knows how long they were out there.  When I noticed the door open, Sherman was on the porch meowing in short, panicked gulps like a trusty tattletale boyscout.  He did not resist capture.

I stepped outside further and heard a high pitched wail from somewhere up above.  I thought maybe Holly had climbed into some trapped space.  I was about to check in the basement door when I looked up and noticed her big saucer eyes staring wildly through the rails of the upstairs neighbor's porch.  She was meowing in this high pitch that registered somewhere between pure, wild excitement and sheer, utter panic.  "Here I am!  See me!  I'm up high!  Holy shit, I'm up high!"  When J attempted rescue, she hissed and resisted a bit.  Covered in cobwebs, I'm pretty sure she was both relieved to be home safely and so, so proud of herself.

No comments: