Tuesday, July 17, 2012

fancy camera permission

Dear Missy Higgins,
I am so excited to see your show at the Troubadour venue in L.A. on Thursday!  

I am also knee deep infatuated with a camera I just purchased (nikon d5100).  I am not a professional photographer, I am just smitten over my new toy and never want to see the world in any other way except through that lens.  Infatuated.  As evidence, here is my most recent facebook update:

"guys.  i cannot stop taking pictures and editing them and it's all i want to do in life i just want to quit everything else and say up all night until my contacts are dried to my eyeballs and then wake up and start all over again and this is what it feels like to be obsessed and this is what it feels like to be in love and this is what it feels like to identify a grail and pursue it with reckless abandon.  amen."

do you know that feeling?  I bet you do.

I have no intention of using any of my pictures for anything outside of my own personal collection. Unfortunately, I've learned in the last few weeks that many events that I never had trouble snapping photos from my phone are now off limits for my fancy camera.  It makes me want to draw sad faces on the whole entire world that even after saving up all my money and teaching summer school just to buy my dream camera, that I can no longer take pictures of my favorite events because now, apparently, i am too fancy.  

do you ever feel too fancy?  it's the pits.  i really just feel normal with a little extra enthusiasm.

Anyway, Missy Higgins, your music moves me.  When I saw you open for Gotye a few months ago in L.A., you were no doubt my favorite part of that evening.  Your music matters to me and I'd love to snap a few photographs with my fancy to commemorate the evening.  I promise I won't use flash and I won't save any unflattering pictures and I will be eternally grateful.  

Being new to this fancy camera world, I have no idea how to go about getting a photo pass.  The Troubadour website directed me to contact the artist, so here I am.  

Help a girl out?
L

No comments: