Wednesday, April 27, 2011

ny

closed my red eyes jet blue didn't sleep but woke up at 5am new york time felt every muscle scream. taxi. people sleeping in public places (vulnerable beautiful) train, trained too long. princeton in the humid. slept on park bench slept in dorm study. wake up wake up. bird shit on shoulder. endingsbeginnings. 57 flights and free. the glory that is mmm. can you tell that I've been drinking? sorrysorrysorry. harmonize with me on a quiet roof in a crowded city. open all night. eyes adjust. the light, the heat. take it in. sometimes this city sleeps til one. dodging rain. beets. comforttensiondanger. beautiful in honesty. coffee and crosswords and central park through a lens. I could live and die in this haven of a room. (some people live lives of such. sleep in piles. pour yourself into. I want to bottle it. deserving.) eight word story: city of driftwood in love from a distance.

No comments: