Sunday, January 30, 2011

MMM

MMM
"When a life is over,
the one you were living for,
where do you go?

I'll work nights.
I'll dance in the city.
I'll wear red for a burning.
I'll look at the Charles very carefully,
wearing its long legs of neon.
And the cars will go by.
The cars will go by.
And there'll be no scream
from the lady in the red dress
dancing on her own Ellis Island,
who turns in circles,
dancing alone
as the cars go by."

L
"How do you divorce ennui
When you have no motivation to fight?

Get nostalgic
Make lists about anything
Anything
Take classes in the name of a career you could give a shit less about by the time you get the degree.
Art. Disappear into projects that demand and consume.
Stop asking questions.
Treat everything like a giant fucking joke.
Fall in love
But do not ask questions.
"Run mad as often as you choose,
But do not faint."
Where am I going.
Where am I going.
I have a lot of friends.
I have so many friends
But I miss you in a special way.
Love
And
An
Open
Invitation."

No comments: